Monday, January 10, 2011

Dates are in!

Dates are in!

December 21, 2010
Leave a Comment

So I bought my tickets today! In between studying for my last final and writing my last paper of my seminary career, I managed to steal away 10 minutes to purchase my tickets. I’ve been following prices for some time, and I am so blessed to have been able to find considerably low airfare on an airline that I’ve flown before, and love…with only one layover, shortest flight time, and reasonable arrival time – going both ways.

Here’s my itinerary:

Departure: Friday, Jan 14, 2011 – JFK @ 10:40am

Return: Wednesday, June 1, 2011 – JFK @ 7:45am.

I’m so excited! I was slightly tearing as I made my purchase…it’s finally happening. All I need to do is keep myself in one piece for the next three weeks and then I’ll be off!

And, by the way, the only reason I’m able to buy my tickets now, and not later, is because I have raised 100% of my funds! It has been a whirlwind of contacting people, doing follow-ups, trying to encourage support but at the same time not step on toes, and a bunch of things I’m not good at…So for those of you who contributed…THANK YOU for making this process so painless. It really was so awesome to experience people just pouring into my life and calling and I felt so loved and so supported in these last few months. So thank you! And if you weren’t able to donate, thank you for praying for me! Seriously! Everyone’s prayers made this is a breeze and brought to life the reality of God’s calling and confirmation for this trip. So THANK YOU EVERYONE! (I feel like I’m giving a speech for winning an oscar!)

All that’s left to do is to apply for my visa, and ladies and gentlemen, that’s a wrap.

until next time! ta ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment